The more ways to cut back on daily luxuries and save money, the better off we are in the long run. We don’t know what the future holds, we don’t know if the gas prices will ever go down, and if we will be able to keep driving and keep buying the food we love. So the more we know how to cut back and save, the better. Read on for even more ways to cut back on daily luxuries and to learn how to save money for the future.
Cutting Back on Daily Luxuries Tip #1
— Dress in Layers
During the winter months we use a lot more electricity or gas because we need heat. Instead of keeping the thermostat up high all Winter long, turn it down a little and put more clothes on. Obviously, we don’t want to wear too many clothes but we can put at least an extra layer on to keep warm and save on our heating bill. Wear an extra pair of socks, a couple of shirts or a heavy sweatshirt, and maybe pull on a pair of long johns underneath your pants.
Cutting Back on Daily Luxuries Tip #2
— Cut Back on Your Clothes Shopping
You think you need that new pair of shoes because they are on sale, or maybe those new pair of jeans or new jacket. Think about it first, do you really need those brand new clothes? Check your closet and I bet you will find many pairs of shoes already. You will most likely find you have enough jeans and the coats or jackets you already have are still good enough to keep using, so maybe you really don’t need those new clothes. If you do, go to a flea market, thrift store, yard sales, and garage sales. Most of the clothes from the flea markets, thrift stores, yard sales, and garage sales are used, some might even be brand new but if they are used, you can always bring them home and wash them before you wear them. If you really need those clothes shop at the places I mentioned and you will save a ton of money. I shop at flea markets, thrift stories, yard sales, and garage sales and I love it. I love saving money and the things you find at these places are actually pretty nice.
Cutting Back on Daily Luxuries Tip #3
— Stop Taking That Drive Just Because You Want to
Are you the type of person who likes to just jump in the car and take a ride anywhere? If so, stop doing it, or at least cut back on it. If you are one for taking a ride to anywhere just for the fun of it maybe you should stop doing that and either walk or ride a bike. Or if you really can’t stop putting the petal to the metal just for fun, maybe only do it once a week. Cutting back on driving will save you much needed money on gas.
Cutting Back on Daily Luxuries Tip #4
— Other Ways to Cut Back
Most of us have cable television or satellite. Take a look at what you are paying for television and check if maybe you are spending more than you should on extra channels you don’t even watch. If so, cancel those channels you don’t watch. Why pay extra for a channel that you never watch? Of course those channels might come with the package so maybe consider switching to a cheaper package.
Take your lunch to work instead of buying from the vending machine or cafeteria. Taking your lunch will not only save you money but you will also be eating a lot healthier than what the vending machine offers. Take your own drink too.
Check those newspaper or magazine subscriptions you pay for. If you realize you really don’t need them, cancel. You can always check the news on T.V or online or you can purchase an individual newspaper from the newsstand. Maybe you don’t really need that T.V guide you get in the mail. If you already have a guide on your T.V that comes with your cable or satellite, you can cancel the T.V guide because you really don’t need it.
Use more coupons. There are websites online where you can print coupons yourself for things you purchase all the time. There are also a ton of coupons in the Sunday newspaper and those mailbox savings fliers most of us get in the mail. There are also coupons for different restaurants you can take advantage of. That way you can still eat out every once in a while and save money at the same time. I have used coupons for Long John Silvers and McDonald’s. Also make sure you order from the dollar menu if the fast food restaurants have them. There is quite a good bit of great food to choose from on the dollar menu.
Shop online as much as you can. There are plenty of websites online that offer free shipping or really cheap shipping. I use a couple of different websites that offer tons of savings on different things that I need. A couple of places I purchased from online have offered me free shipping or dirt cheap shipping. It will save you money on the things you already buy and money on gas since you will be shopping from the comfort of your own home.
Spend your money wisely and save money every chance you get. You will be better off and much happier in the long run.
10 Tips on Getting Your Family Involved in Saving Money
1. Have your family help you compare prices when shopping. This will teach them to get the best deal as possible. It will help teach them how to save additional money each month.
2. You and your family can gather coupons for the certain products that you all enjoy. You can make a habit of clipping coupons together each Sunday or whenever. This is an excellent way to help them to save greater amounts of money. It is also a good learning experience.
3. Your family can walk places with you on a sunny day instead of drive everywhere. They will enjoy the nice weather and also feel better knowing that they are helping you save money too.
4. You can teach them the importance of eating at home instead of going out to restaurants as often. This will be a good learning experience in teaching them to save money by eating healthy food at home instead of going out all the time.
5. When you and the family go out to eat at restaurants then make sure to go out at lunch time to help them realize how much cheaper the lunch menu is instead paying dinner prices. They will enjoy knowing that they can save a good meal and save money at the same time while having some fun too.
6. You can show your family how much cheaper it is to buy some clothes at a thrift stores or even yard sales instead of paying retail price. They will realize that they can end up paying less money for better clothes than what they would of bought brand new at the retail store.
7. Teach them to go shopping when it is on sale. This is another way to have a great learning experience and have fun saving money doing something fun. They will be amazed at how much money is saved by just changing the way they shop for items.
8. At the grocery store you can show them how to buy meat at a cheaper price along with other additional items. You can usually find meat reduce by a large amount often at 50% off or less. It is another awesome learning experience and they will most likely remember it next time shopping too.
9. They can help you find coupons for favorite restaurants that the whole family loves to go eat at. This is another fun experience for them since they will love to get a good deal.
10. Make it a game or contest to see how much money that the whole family can save each month. You can also get a organizer to put all the coupons in different category’s in order to keep track of it all from grocery coupons, restaurant coupons, and misc. coupons.